For Momma - Memorial Slide Show (Turn Playlist Music off before watching)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

SNGF - What's your Interest?


It's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
* Tell us about your "other" hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc.

Well Randy, I accept the mission. The real challenge
for me is that I have so many things
that I am interested in that there are not
enough hours in the day for all of them. I seem
to gravitate to all things computer these days though.

Of course my first love is family
history and writing. This passion
lead me to develop other interests as well.
In the gathering of old family photo's
I became interested in photography
and restoring photo's as well as
creating and designing photo effects
to enhance them. My photo work
lead me to become interested
in developing unique slide
shows to accompany my work.
And with that I have been
working at starting my
own business.

Through the years I have done a variety
of crafts. Years ago I took up
tole-painting and have done so
many project's I don't think
I can even remember them all.
Before the days of digital book
creations, I added painted pages
to my photo books to add
interest to them.

I used to sit for hours counting
stitches for cross-stitch pictures,
but all of those were
given away and I only have one left.
I thought maybe I'd take up sewing
at one point. I made
a few quilts, but, sewing is not
really my thing. To much ripping!
I also used to paint ceramic
animals, using a technique called
dry brushing. Which is a process of
building color from black
(to add depth) to the correct
color for that particular animal.
My husband and I used to do a
lot of team projects, he loved
building things out of wood.
I'd come up with some crazy idea
and he would try to build it for me,
and then I would add my painting designs
to it. We did that with our grandson
too. I have great memories of Grandpa
and Tony building things,
and then Grandma and Tony painting them
and adding little details.

For over 30 years I worked in the
accounting field, but, after the
company I worked for closed their
doors I've had a difficult time
finding gainful employment.
So I've now made a choice to pursue
the things I'm passionate about
instead and to create my own work.
God willing, my dream of writing
and designing books for others as well
as my slide show work will
become a reality.

1 comment:

  1. Terri, your work in restoring old family photos is absolutely a treasure for you to cultivate.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails